Safety Information – Help Keep The Workplace Safe For Everyone
Safety at work is every employee’s business. To keep the workplace safe, each employee must be committed in ensuring not only their own safety but the safety of everyone else working with them. Observing workplace safety helps reduce cases of accidents, injuries, and illnesses in the workplace.
Common Workplace Hazards
Workplace hazards involve physical, biological, chemical, and even psychosocial. Workplace safety programs are developed to avoid the common hazards in the workplace such as the following:
- hazardous substances;
- manual handling,
- allergic reactions;
- slips, trips, and falls;
- falls from heights;
- confined spaces;
- electrical accidents;
- verbal abuse;
- harassment; and more.
You Can Keep The Workplace Safe
Employees must be aware of the workplace safety program in place. It is your role as a worker to:
- Be aware of the workplace hazards and how to avoid them;
- Take responsibility in preventing workplace accidents and injuries;
- Be familiar about the required personal protective equipment at work;
- Be knowledgeable of the proper operation of machines and equipment;
- Understand the proper manual handling techniques; and
- Know the proper techniques for first aid applications.
Workplace safety is a major priority in any business. As much as possible, you would want the workplace to be a safe place not just for yourself but all your co-workers. If you have any concern about your work safety, contact us.